Back to School Night is for all parents, students, teachers, and staff.
The first day of classes for the 2018-2019 school year is Wednesday, August 15. 2018. Drop off for all grades starts at 8:10 a.m. and classes will start at 8:30 a.m.
Pick up times vary depending on grade:
K4 and K5 pickup will be at noon.
1st - 6th grade pickup will be at 3:00 p.m.
7th-12th grade pickup will be at 3:30 p.m.
GCA's annual Parent Meeting will take place on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. This meeting is for all parents, teachers, and additional staff.
To assist families, GCA will provide childcare during the meeting. Please RSVP with your children's names and ages/grades by contacting the Office at email@example.com by Monday, September 10 at 3:30 p.m.
Picture Days are coming up and this is the first time when students will wear their dress uniform! Students will have their individual picture taken that will appear in the GCA yearbook The Legacy. The Lower School will have their pictures taken Tuesday, September 18. Upper School students will have their pictures taken Wednesday, September 19. The photographer is Ron Bozwell of Bozwell Photography and individual photos will be available for purchase online. Students will again wear their dress uniform for the all-school picture on September 26.
K4-4th Grade YOUNG LADIES DRESS UNIFORM (New for 2018-2019)
- White Long Sleeve Peter Pan Blouse ELD-5430 Read’s Uniforms or Lands’ End #350071
- Classic navy/white plaid Jumper Lands’ End #41492 (Little Girl) or #414943 (Girl)
- Jumper must come to the top of the knee or below.
- White knee socks or white tights must be worn. (These are available at Read’s Uniforms or Lands’ End.)
- Black, brown or navy dress shoes. Athletic shoes are not permitted.
5th-12th Grade YOUNG LADIES DRESS UNIFORM (New for 2018-2019)
- Woven stretch blouse in white (in any sleeve length – short-sleeve, long-sleeve or three-quarter sleeve -– your choice) Lands’ End 473442 or 473444 or 470241 (Girl) or #473443 or 473445 or 470242 (Women) Blouse must be tucked in.
- Box pleat skirt in classic navy/white plaid Lands’ End #423761(Girl) or #423762 (Women)
- Fine-gauge cardigan in classic navy with GCA logo (cotton or performance – your choice) Lands’ End #430835 or #092807 (Girl) or #430836 or #092807 (Women)
- In order to maintain a uniform appearance, young ladies in 5th-12th grade must wear no socks or wear flesh-colored nylons.
- Black, brown or navy closed toe, closed heel dress shoes. Athletic shoes are not permitted.
YOUNG MEN DRESS UNIFORM All dress uniform clothes in “italic” MUST be purchased from a designated supplier.
- Navy chino pants (plain or pleated, no cargo) with a brown or black leather belt
- Long-sleeve Oxford in white
- White undershirt
- Classic navy/dark crimson stripe tie Lands’ End Item #426748 (youth size), # 426733 (adult size) or # 082220 (pre-tied)
- Black or dark brown dress shoes with dark dress socks. Athletic shoes are not permitted.
GCA’s Fall Festival and Holiday Market is scheduled for November 3, 2018 from 10:00 am – 3:00 p.m.
Featuring over 85 vendors, Food Court, and an awesome KidZone!
We are a family-friendly, community-focused event. Local artisans, craftsmen and home businesses will provide our patrons with a unique holiday shopping experience that will satisfy even the pickiest person on the list!
Tom’s BBQ, Uncle Berto’s Burritos, and BC Catering will provide all kinds of yummy lunch options in our Concessions area! The Sweet Shop will be stocked by the fantastic bakers at Greenville Classical Academy (gluten free options)!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
10:00 AM EVENT OPENS
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM - Event entrance is free of charge, but donations that will go toward the education at GCA are appreciated! We recommend having cash on hand, some vendors will accept credit/debit cards, but not all. Pets are allowed if on a leash or in a stroller.
KidZone and vendor booths will be open.
3:00 PM EVENT ENDS
HARRISON ORTHODONTICS KIDZONE
$5 CHARGE PER CHILD FOR UNLIMITED USE OF THESE AMUSEMENTS
- Harrison Orthodontics Booth (Premium Sponsor of KidZone)
- Inflatables (Giant Slide, Bounce House, Toddler Bounce House)
- Jousting Inflatable
- Toddler Play Zone
- Girly Boutique
- Parkside Pediatrics M.A.S.H. wounds and First Aid
- Cornhole Games
- Balloon Animals
- Greenville Classical Academy Information Booth
ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR THESE AMUSEMENTS
- JMG Ranch Pony rides — $5 each ride
- Dunk Tank — 3/$1 or $5 to push button
- Concessions — Water, Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite $1
- BBQ sandwiches and plates, baked beans, macaroni and cheese
- Hot Dogs and chips
- Prices will vary between $3-$8
UNCLE BERTO’S BURRITOS
- Tacos, quesadillas
- Nachos and variety of homemade salsas
- Prices will vary between $5-$8
- Grilled Hamburgers and Hotdogs
- French Fries and Cheese Fries
- Prices will vary between $3-$8
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, and Water — $1 each
THE SWEET SHOP
- Homemade Pies
- Bundt Cakes
- Caramel Apples
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Hot Coffee $2
- Iced Coffee $3
- Iced Mochas & Lattes $4.50
- 12 oz Bags of Coffee $12.00
- Coffee Gift Baskets
GREENVILLE CLASSICAL ACADEMY
GCA’s Fall Festival and Holiday Market is sponsored by Greenville Classical Academy.