To view GCA's School Profile 2016-2017, click here. (Updated 9/23/16)
Since 2010, GCA's Upper School (7th - 12th grade) has operated as a University-Model® School.
GCA offers many honors classes and prepares students to succeed in college.
GCA is a member of the National Association of University-Model Schools.
Core courses are taught college-style three days a week on Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Beginning with the 2017-2018 school year, elective classes will be taught college-style two days a week on Tuesday/Thursday.
To view the 2017-2018 Upper School Class Schedule, click here (Updated 1/16/17)
To view the 2016-2017 Upper School Class Schedule, click here (Updated 9/29/16)
For a document containing more information about the UMS program at GCA (including a list of FAQ's) click here (PDF).
GCA hosts monthly University-Model® Upper School informational meetings in the evening during the school year. Please join us to learn more about the benefits of a University-Model School®.
Upper School course offerings for 2016-2017 include the following:
- Pre-Algebra (Saxon)
- Algebra I CP or Honors (Prentice Hall Classics)
- Geometry (Jacobs)
- Algebra II CP or Honors (Prentice Hall Classics)
- Pre-Calculus Honors
- Calculus Honors
- General Science (Apologia)
- Earth Science (BJU)
- Physical Science (Apologia)
- Biology CP or Honors (Apologia)
- Chemistry CP or Honors (Apologia)
- Physics CP or Honors (Apologia)
- Anatomy & Physiology Honors (Apologia)
- World Geography (BJU)
- Ancient History Honors
- Medieval History Honors
- American History Honors
- Government Honors
- Economics Honors
- Literature & Composition A
- Literature & Composition B
- Ancient Literature & Composition Honors
- Medieval Literature & Composition Honors
- American Literature & Composition Honors
- British Literature & Composition Honors
- Spanish I (BJU)
- Spanish II (BJU)
- Spanish III (BJU)
- New Testament Survey
- Old Testament Survey
- Introductory Logic (1st semester)
- Intermediate Logic (2nd semester)
- Rhetoric - Public Speaking
- Rhetoric - Composition
- Senior Thesis Honors
- Latin 1B (Wheelock's) [For Jr. High students]
- Latin I (Wheelock's)
- Latin II (Wheelock's)
- Latin III Honors (Wheelock's)
A full-time 7th grade student's schedule for 2016-2017 looks like the following:
|World Geography||MWF 8:30 - 9:20|
|Old Testament Survey||MWF 9:25 - 10:15|
|Pre-Algebra||MWF 10:20 - 11:10|
|Literature & Composition A||MWF 11:15 - 12:05|
|Lunch||MWF 12:05 - 12:50|
|Latin I||MWF 12:50 - 1:40|
|General Science||MWF 1:45 - 2:35|
Costs for 2016-2017:
- Application Fee: $50 for each student new to GCA (non-refundable). To apply as a new student, follow our enrollment process here.
- Enrollment Fee: $200 non-refundable fee per student regardless of how many classes are taken.
- Tuition: $63.50 per month (for 10 months) for courses that meet 3 hours per week for both semesters.
- Lab Fees: General Science and Physical Science - $10, Biology, Chemistry, Physics - $20
In addition to the above costs, families are responsible for:
- textbooks, consumable workbooks, parallel reading and reference books
- minimal fees for field trips or class trips
- individual student supplies
- school clothing that is in line with the dress code
- A limited number of textbooks are available for rental. Contact the school office for availability and cost.
- GCA's Upper School is available for homeschoolers and particularly suited to homeschooling families who only want to enroll their child part-time. A full-time Upper School student will take at least six classes, but students may enroll in as little as one UMS class. Students desiring to enroll in this program need to meet GCA admission requirements and agree to all policies and procedures outlined in the Student-Parent Handbook. For more information, contact Admissions Director Nancy Blough for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Teachers - If you are interested in finding out more information about our hiring procedure, visit the Employment page here.